image1 image2 image3

Why your Conscience is your writing partner

The reason why I keep up with my deadlines(even though I don't have anything to catch) is because I have my trusty-blabbermouth-psychic-alter ego. My conscience.

I know this theory is ridiculous, but since I don't have any siblings, or my parent's support in this work, my conscience acts like my teacher.
If anyone doesn't have a conscience, then anyone doesn't have discipline. If you're not into your work, and you have a deadline sketched on your mind, you can't do it if you keep lazing around and surf the internet.

I feel the same way writers did. When there's internet, there's surfing. When there's no internet, there's focus on your work. When there's a holiday, you keep telling yourself, "I don't want to work today. After all, it's a holiday." But that's not how it works around here.

In my opinion (Sorry for the wide imagination and useless words) my conscience acts like my guardian angel. When you're not confident about your work, your conscience tells you that you need to do better.
When you're feeling depressed, your conscience tells you to don't give up.
When you keep asking yourself, "Will agents like this book? What if it doesn't get published? What if I don't get an agent within three weeks," your conscience will say, "That book will get published! Bear with it. Keep your head on the game, and take risks on it."

That's why in Blind Tails, my book, I have my character's conscience to cheer her on. I know this sounds silly, but I'm a crazy writer, okay? I have my own world to imagine, and these things are definitely true.

I read about some blogs about authors not taking offers from publishing houses, because they don't want to work on a book they don't like. Like what they say. "Trust your guts."

Naturally, that's why people have conscience. We have guts, baby! Publishing is so hard. It makes your head crazy just by reading all those rejection letters, negative comments, and harsh advice from people. If you cannot take them seriously, you are nothing, but a coward.
Here, me. People who easily give up on something are cowards.

Sorry if I'm talking nonsense. Well hey? This is my blog.
Chow! XD

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment